It’s important to us that you feel comfortable and supported when you choose to live with us.
We have a range of measures in place to give you peace of mind and to ensure you feel as safe as possible during your stay. We have also received an assurance statement from the British Safety Council confirming our approach is in accordance with current UK government and sector specific guidelines.
✅ We’re regularly reviewing our policies
We know that keeping you informed of changes to these temporary policies is really important. That’s why we have assembled an Incident Management Team in each country, as well as a Global Crisis Management Team to actively monitor updates and seek guidance from the relevant health authorities. Both teams meet regularly to review the information received and align our policies and processes accordingly.
✅ Staff available 24/7
Our friendly Village Teams work around the clock, every day of the year, to ensure you always have someone to speak to should you need our help or support. If you’d prefer to limit your face to face interactions, you can contact the Customer Contact Village by calling +44 (0) 161 850 6664, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or speaking to them via webchat, which is accessible on the contact page. They will then pass on any important information to your Village Team.
✅ Face coverings and social distancing
In England, the legal requirement to wear a face covering in enclosed public spaces ended on 19th July 2021. Whilst residents are no longer required to wear one in communal spaces within the village, we’re asking all our residents to consider wearing one when social distancing is not possible (e.g., in lift, corridors, etc.) and be mindful about how others may be feeling following the change.
In Wales, the COVID Alert Level is 0, meaning residents are still required to wear a face covering when outside of their flat.
Regardless of location, our staff will continue to wear face coverings when they enter residences, in the internal communal areas of the Village, and whenever social distancing is not possible. Perspex screens will remain at our receptions for the time being, and we ask that you please also help us keep our teams safe by maintaining social distancing when you interact with staff.
For further information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) please review the information on the NHS website here. Information from UK government is available here.
✅ Enhanced cleaning and hygiene
An enhanced cleaning regime remains in place at all our villages, including regular cleaning of all communal high touch points such as handrails, door handles and push buttons to ensure that we maintain hygiene within our villages. Hand sanitiser stations are installed at entry and exit points in our villages.
✅ Dedicated support if you need to self-isolate
If you need to self-isolate, our Village Teams will support you by ensuring food and parcel deliveries are brought to you in the safest way possible, as well as helping remove any rubbish safely. We will provide you a Self-Isolation Toolkit which explains how we will support you in more detail.
To ensure that we can support you throughout your isolation, please let your Village Team know via the village phone number or email address, or by calling our COVID-19 hotline on +44 (0) 161 850 6664.
Please do not visit the reception or leave your flat to tell us if you are self-isolating.
✅ Self-isolation quick tips
- If we decide to do a fire drill, we will let you know. Any other time you hear the alarm sound, make your way to the assembly point via your nearest fire exit.
- Try to maintain a distance from your flat mates. Use the communal kitchens when other residents are not around. Clean all surfaces and touchpoints after use.
- We will deliver any medicine or food groceries to your room, please call us to book a time slot for this to be delivered to your room.
- We will deliver your parcels to your room on the same day that this is delivered. We will knock on your door and leave this outside for you.
- We will deliver, collect and post COVID tests for you, please call us to let us know when these are ready for collection.
- Place your rubbish in a bag and tie when this is full. Place in a second bag and store the bag in you room or kitchen for 72 hours. After this time, please leave outside your door and we will collect this for you.
- Ensure you have a good handwashing regime, washing for at least 20 seconds.
- The laundry will not be available during your self-isolation period.
While self-isolating, only emergency maintenance will be carried out. Any non-emergency maintenance will be carried out after your self-isolation period has ended.
Book with confidence
We understand that the situation at the minute is uncertain and plans can change. In light of this, we have some flexible assurances to help put your mind at ease.
No visa no pay
If you require a visa to study in the UK and this is rejected you can cancel your September academic booking for free.*
Two weeks free of charge
Travelling from another country and need to self-isolate? We will provide you with two weeks free accommodation, prior to your contract start date.*
Terms and conditions apply