We understand this is an uncertain time and that’s why now more than ever it’s important to us that you to feel comfortable and supported when you choose to live with us. We know that plans can change too. That’s why we’ve introduced a range of measures to give you peace of mind and to ensure you feel as safe as possible during your stay.
- Enhanced cleaning and hygiene in our villages
- Social distancing measures
- Dedicated support if you need to self-isolate
- 24/7 on site support
- Socially safe Village Life programme
- Arrive up to two week early if you’re travelling from abroad, free of charge
- Flexible check-in dates if your course is postponed
- No charge if you don’t get into university
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene
- An enhanced cleaning regime has been introduced, including regular cleaning of all communal high touch points such as handrails, door handles and push buttons to ensure that we maintain hygiene within our villages.
- Hand sanitiser stations are being installed at entry and exit points in our villages.
- Our staff will ensure that they work in accordance with the social distancing guidelines.
- The number of people allowed in lifts, our laundries and communal spaces at any one time will be restricted and there will be a one-way system throughout our villages in line with government guidance.
- We are requesting all of our residents to follow the government guidance on staying alert and safe (social distancing) here.
Dedicated support if you need to self-isolate
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should use the NHS 111 coronavirus online serviceand follow the guidance on self-isolation. You must let your reception team know by texting the Customer Contact Village on 0161 850 6664 who will organise for help and support, should you need it.
Staff available 24/7
- Our friendly village teams work around the clock, every day of the year, to ensure you always have someone to speak to should you need our help or support. If you’d prefer to limit your face to face interactions. You can contact the Customer Contact Village by calling 0161 850 6664, emailing email@example.com or speaking to them via webchat, which is accessible on the contact page. They will then pass on any important information to your village team
Socially safe Village Life programme
- We will be adding more virtual events to our Village Life events programme as well as more face to face events for smaller groups to ensure you can engage with your village community safely.
Arrive up to two week early, free of charge
- If you are travelling from abroad and need to self-isolate, we will provide you two weeks free accommodation, prior to your contract start date. You can contact the Customer Contact Village by calling 0161 850 6664, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange this for you.*
Flexible check-in dates if your course is postponed
- If your University moves your start date, your course if postponed or there’s a travel ban in your country of origin, we can delay the start of your contract.*
No charge if you don’t get into university
- If you are a first year undergraduate and don’t get your place at university, or you are an international student and you don’t get your visa, we will cancel your agreement and refund any money you have already paid. Just be sure to let us know by the 19th of August so we can offer the room to someone else.*
We know that keeping you informed of changes to these temporary policies is really important. That’s why we have assembled an Incident Management Team in each country, as well as a Global Crisis Management Team to actively monitor updates and seek guidance from the relevant health authorities. Both teams meet regularly to review the information received, and align our policies and processes accordingly.
For further information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) please review the information on the NHS website here.
Information from UK government is available here.
*Terms and conditions apply, visit www.campuslivingvillages.co.uk/terms-conditions