Group 2464@2x
Do I have to pay council tax?

In the UK, full time students are currently exempt from Council Tax during their studies so that’s one less cost to worry about. You will need to supply your village with an exemption form (which will provided at check-in), as well as an exemption certificate from your University if requested. If you don’t do this, the local authority may charge us and you will be liable to pay this cost.

More Information

How much does internet access cost?

The internet provided is completely free of charge (subject to you meeting the conditions in your rental agreement), so you don’t need to pay any extra. To get online, connect to the Ask4 network, open your internet browser and fill in the registration form. Our Wi-Fi is available throughout the building including the study areas and social space.

Multiple devices? We know it’s a technological world so you can connect up to three devices with your Ask4 account!

We provide a wired and Wi-Fi internet service and you may register up to six devices. The internet service ranges from 20mb up to 100mb for the Wi-Fi service and from 20mb up to 200mb for the wired service.

How much is the weekly rent and what does it include?

We make life simple by charging one weekly rate which includes all your water, heating and electricity bills, internet and insurance. We make sure there are no hidden costs, so you can budget more effectively. The cost of rent will vary depending on what room you select, but the details of this will be contained in your tenancy agreement.

What’s included?

  • All your utility bills – water, electricity and heating
  • Free in room Wi-Fi
  • Contents insurance to cover your belongings for up to £3,500
  • Online maintenance reporting
  • Onsite maintenance staff
  • Hospitality welcome and service
  • Management support team
  • 24 hour security or security on-site*
  • CCTV
  • On-site gym (if applicable)
  • Village Life events
    *Roaming security checks are conducted in some villages
Are personal belongings in my room insured?

We partner with Endsleigh Insurance to provide contents insurance for the duration of your tenancy. Your contents are covered against fire, theft and flood whilst they are in your accommodation. Furthermore you can upgrade your policy to cover your essential items and beloved when they’re outside of your accommodation. Our policy number is HH1225


How do I apply for accommodation?

Applying is easy! All our applications are handled online via our portal and should take you no more than 10 minutes. Please make sure you have all your booking details to hand such as Student ID, bank information and emergency contact information. Go to our book now page to start your application.

I’m an international student. What support is available?

Moving to another country can be a daunting process. We’re here to help make the transition into your new accommodation as smooth and as comfortable as possible.​ Find  out how we can support you on the International Students page.

Is it possible to choose my room?

You can select which room suits your needs in the student portal. So whether you prefer to live independently in a studio or share a flat with a group of friends it’s up to you. Our rooms are in high demand so the earlier you book the more choice you will have.

I want to share with friends; can we apply for a flat together?

Yes. Our online application portal enables you to choose your own room. Just follow our simple application process via the portal to ensure that you get the flat and room you all want.

Can I stay here after my first year?

Rooms for the next academic year usually go live at the beginning of November. You can speak to the village team to let them know you are interested in booking again and they will contact you to ensure you get the best choice of rooms at the best rates.

Do you have rooms for couples?

In some locations yes however we’re not able to provide accommodation for families. For dual or twin occupancy availability please call +44 (0)161 850 6664.

Will I need a guarantor?

All students need to provide a guarantor. This should be an adult who is willing to meet the terms and conditions of your agreement if you’re not able to. As part of the booking process, you will be asked to provide your guarantor’s contact details including email address, home address and telephone number before you can accept your offer. Your guarantor will subsequently receive an email with a link to the Guarantor Agreement page.

Will I have to sign an agreement?

Yes, you will be asked to sign an assured short hold tenancy agreement or a licence agreement for a minimum tenancy period. These are legally binding contracts. You will be able to see the agreement online before you accept the offer.

Will my deposit be refunded if I cancel my booking prior to my arrival?

If you need to cancel your booking with us, you can do so but you may still be liable to pay your rent if you completed your booking and are outside the cooling off period of seven days. You would need to let us know, in writing, as soon as you know you won’t be living with us. The cancellation policy is outlined your tenancy agreement.

Will I need to move out over Christmas and Easter?

Your contract will include the Christmas and Easter holidays. There is no need to move out and vacate your room at Christmas or Easter.

What if I have a disability or medical condition?

You should contact our team on +44 (0)161 850 6664 in the first instance to discuss specific requirements. If you need special consideration because of a medical condition, you may be asked to provide a supporting letter from your doctor. Please include all relevant information on your application.

When can I move in?

You can move in as soon as your tenancy begins with us. The start date can be found on your contract. If you would like to move in early, please email contact@campuslivingvillages.co.uk or call us on +44 (0)161 850 6664 and we can check if your room will be ready. Additional charges will apply.

What is your cancellation policy?

You can read our cancellation policy here.


payment money@2x
Do I have to pay anything prior to moving in?

There may be a rent payment which is required before your arrival in addition to your deposit. Full details of the payment schedule can be found in your agreement. You will find a full breakdown of what payments are required and when they need to be made.

When are my fees due?

You can find the full details of your payment plan within your agreement on the student portal. There you will find a full breakdown of what payments are required and when they need to be made.

What happens if I can’t pay my rent?

Please make sure you view the payment plan in your agreement before accepting your room to make sure that you will have sufficient funds to support yourself whilst at university. If you find yourself in financial difficulty we urge you to come and speak to us as soon as possible, so that we can discuss your issues and put you in touch with the appropriate support.

What happens if I can’t pay because I haven’t received my loan yet?

We always try to align our payment dates with the receipt of student loans but this may not always be possible and payments will be required from you or your guarantor on the due dates in your agreement.

If you already live with us and have not yet received your loan, please speak to your village team today and they will be able to advise you of your options.

What methods can I use to pay?

You can set up a direct debit on the student portal which will ensure that the rent is automatically paid on time.

You can make additional payments in the My Account section of the portal.

What to Bring

what to bring@2x
Am I allowed to bring a television for my room?

Yes, you’re more than welcome to bring your own television. Don’t forget that you’ll need to buy your own television license. It’s worth checking that you can receive a good reception before buying your licence and installing your TV. That way, you won’t be out of pocket if you find that you’re unhappy with the quality of the picture. Information on TV Licencing can be found at www.tvlicensing.co.uk.

IPTV (an internet TV service) is available in all halls. Residents can access this service for a small additional charge.

Can I bring a pet?

As much as we love cuddly animals, there’s a strict no pets policy at all our villages. This includes every type of pet, from goldfish and birds to cats and dogs, with the exception of registered assistance animals.

What household items do I need to bring with me?

The bedroom will have a bed, desk, chair, wardrobe and curtains. You will need to bring your own bedding, cooking utensils, plates and cutlery. You may want to wait until you meet your flatmates before buying certain items as you may be able to buy some of them together.

Some of our villages also provide with a dustpan and brush, hoover, mop, mop bucket, iron and ironing board in your kitchen area, please check the Village Guide to see which villages offer these additional items.

Be prepared ahead of move-in and order essential items from Noah’s Box. Bedding packs start from £58, with full student starter kits starting from £179. To place an order or browse their online shop, click here.​


security icon 1
Does the village run social activities?

Yes. We’ve created Village Life, a programme packed with events and activities that will help you settle in and meet new friends. Our village is your home and we want to provide you with a place where you can live, learn and grow. It’s about living somewhere to make new friends, where to have new experiences and, importantly, a place to create memories that will stay with you for years.

We offer welcome BBQs, retro games nights, cookery demos and more: we have a variety of events taking place which appeal to as many of our residents as possible.

Are there any laundry facilities?

All of our villages have laundry facilities onsite. You can purchase a card which can be topped up via and app meaning you never have to worry about having to find loose change!

I am an undergraduate student, can I stay in my room over the summer period?

You may be able to extend your stay over the summer period dependant on availability. Come speak to one of our staff members on site who will be happy to help you.

Who cleans the accommodation?

You will be expected to clean your bedroom, shared kitchen, lounge and bathroom areas. Cleaners will ensure the communal areas such as the stairwells are clean.

In Burley Road (Leeds) and Rusholme Place (Manchester), our team will vacuum, mop and wipe down your kitchen and lounge area once a fortnight.

Are friends and family allowed to visit?

Guest policy

Residents are permitted a maximum of one non-resident guest at any given time, for a maximum of two nights a week. We ask that all guests are accompanied by the resident they are visiting whilst they are in the Village. Residents are responsible for their guest’s behaviour whilst they are in the Village and our teams reserve the right to refuse entry if there is any breach of the Village Rules, or if we believe their entry may cause a safety concern to staff, residents or other guests.


security icon
What COVID-19 safety measures are in place at the village?

We continue to follow Government guidance, with staff on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to ensure our Villages remain open and so we can provide you with a safe and secure home.

Accommodation services are still being provided and your room is available for you to occupy until the end of your accommodation agreement.

We have received an assurance statement from the British Safety Council confirming our approach is in accordance with current UK government and sector specific guidelines.

To find out about the range of safety measures we’ve put in place to protect residents, visit the Keeping you Safe page. ​

What support is available if I need to self-isolate whilst living at the village??

Your village team is there to support you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, particularly if you need to self-isolate. If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should use the NHS 111 coronavirus online service and follow the guidance on self-isolation. You must let your reception team know by texting the Customer Contact Village on +44 (0)161 850 6664 who will organise for help and support, should you need it. For guidance on how to self-isolate safely in your village, please see here.

Find out more on the Keeping you Safe page.

What security is available at the accommodation?

We know that feeling secure and safe is really important to our residents, that’s why we have Service and Safety teams in our villages. Our villages have CCTV cameras and we conduct safety patrols for the safety of our guests.

What can I do if I lose my fob/keys?

If you lose your keys or fob please report this to the village team as soon as possible. We will be able to provide you access to your room whilst you try and find them. We can also provide you with a replacement is they are permanently lost. Please note you will be charged for replacement fobs and keys.

Moving out?

We’re sad to see you leave but hope that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us.

You can find out more about moving out here.  ​