International Students

Moving to another country can be a daunting process. We're here to help make the transition into your new accommodation as smooth and as comfortable as possible.

Thinking about making a booking?

Can I live with my friends?

You can choose who you want to live with, and we can accommodate group bookings or individuals. Our student portal shows how many rooms are in each flat and who would suit living there. By selecting the room, you can see how many rooms are available in each flat. You can also find important room information like the bed size and the view by selecting room info.

Can I book without a UK guarantor?

We require a guarantor for all bookings. This should be someone who is over the age of 18 and is willing to agree to the terms and conditions of your contract. If you are not from the UK, your guarantor can be from your home country.

What happens if I don’t get a visa?

If you require a VISA to study in the UK and you don’t get your university offer or your VISA is rejected, we will cancel your agreement and refund any deposit or advance rent paid in full. Please send us the visa application rejection or University CAS rejection within 7 days of receiving them. If you are arriving in September this should be received by the 19 of August. If you are arriving in January this should be received by the 15 November 2020.​

What safety measures are in place in my village?

We understand this is an uncertain time and that’s why now more than ever it’s important to us that you feel comfortable and supported when you choose to live with us.

That’s why we’ve introduced a range of measures to give you peace of mind and to ensure you feel as safe as possible during your stay.

  • Enhanced cleaning and hygiene in our villages
  • Social distancing measures
  • Dedicated support if you need to self-isolate
  • 24/7 on-site support
  • Socially safe Village Life programme
  • Arrive up to two weeks early if you’re travelling from abroad, free of charge
  • No charge if you don’t get into your university​
Check list for moving to the UK

You need to book your accommodation before coming to the UK as a requirement of your VISA application and so you can complete your Public Health Passenger Locator Form. Your accommodation should cover the duration of your studies before you travel, not just for your 14-day self-isolation period.

Other things to consider:

  • Review the latest government guidance UK Government – Entering the UK
  • Complete the Passenger Locator Form and bring a copy with you
  • Prepare for your self-isolation period, including travel from the airport
  • Bring a face mask and hand sanitiser
  • Bring an international credit or debit card to avoid using cash and to use during your self-isolation period
  • Ensure you have travel and health insurance if necessary​

Already got a booking?

Can I arrive at my village out of hours?

Our Villages are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There will be someone at reception to welcome you whatever time you arrive. If you have your flight details already you can let us know in advance so we can have everything ready for your arrival.

Can I arrange for my luggage to be delivered before I arrive?

You can arrange for your luggage to be delivered in advance of your arrival. Our approved partner Pinglocker can support you with your shipping and delivery requirements to the village.

They offer a recorded and insured service, and as a Campus Living Villages resident, you can take advantage of a £40 discount on your first order. Simply visit and use the promo code CLV40 when placing your order.

We cannot take responsibility for any lost or damaged items caused during collection/removal of your belongings.

Can my friend collect my keys for me?

We can only issue the keys to the contract holder so these need to be collected by yourself. If you’re not arriving on your contract start date, you can collect your keys in person any time after this date.​

I need proof of address for my VISA, where can I find this?

Your contract contains the address of your village which can be used as proof of address. A copy of your contract can be found in your student portal under the My Bookings tab. You can also download copies of your statement to show as proof of payment by going to My Account and selecting Payments and Statements.​

I don’t have a UK bank account. How can I pay my deposit and first instalment of rent?

Our student portal allows for international payments to be made and so your debit or credit card doesn’t need to be registered to a UK bank account. We accept all major debit and credit cards except American Express.​

Can you provide instructions on how I get to my village from the station/airport?

Some universities offer free and convenient transport from the airport to your village. Get in touch with them in the first instance to see if this applies to you.

International residents joining Albert Court, Rusholme Place, Burley Road, Belgrave View, Newport Student Village, Fitzroy & Wenlock Court, Prince Consort Village, will receive a £25 credit towards their taxi fare from the airport to the village. The contribution will be provided by way of a discount code or credit to your account (*t&cs apply).​

Do I need to self-isolate when I arrive in the UK?

If you are travelling from certain countries, the UK Government requires you to self-isolate for 14 days, once you arrive in the UK. For England, the latest list of countries this relates to are listed here. For Wales, the list is here.

Those who are self-isolating will still have access to any communal facilities within their flat such as kitchens and bathrooms (if applicable).

If you are required to self-isolate, we are offering residents the opportunity to move in early (up to 2 weeks) free of charge.*  You can arrange this by contacting us on +44 (0)161 850 6664  or before you arrive.

If you have already moved in and need support, you can text us on the previous number and we’ll call you back.

For guidance on how to self-isolate safely in your village, please see here.​

Can I arrive at the village earlier than planned so I can self-isolate?

If you are travelling from abroad and need to self-isolate prior to starting your studies, contact the Customer Contact Village on +44 (0)161 850 6664, or email*​

What happens if I need to isolate when I arrive?

If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should let your Village Team know straight away, before you arrive. Once you arrive at the Village, you should let the Team know by texting 0161 850 6664. You will then need to self-isolate in your flat for 14 days.

Our friendly village teams work around the clock, every day of the year, to ensure you always have someone to speak to should you need our help or support. If you’d prefer to limit your face to face interactions, you can contact the Customer Contact Village or speak to them via webchat, which is accessible on the contact page. They will then pass on any important information to your village team.​

Do you provide meals while I’m isolating? If not, where can I get food?

Our villages are self-catered which means we do not supply food. However, international residents joining Albert Court, Rusholme Place, Burley Road, Belgrave View, Newport Student Village, Fitzroy & Wenlock Court, Prince Consort Village, will receive a free £50 voucher to spend on food delivery service*. Your Village Team will share details of this when you arrive.

If you need to self-isolate at any time you will be given a support pack that will provide information on how we can assist you with food deliveries.​

Still got questions? Check out the Living with Us page for FAQs, which includes lots of information such as what’s included in your room and how to pay your rent.

*Terms and conditions apply.​

Hear from other students