How to self-isolate safely on arrival to the UK:
Public Health England and Wales advice on self-isolating is as follows:
- You must remain in your room. Do not go to work, University, or public areas for 14 days
- While you are self-isolating, you should not use any communal areas in the building
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
- If you develop symptoms, you should order a test, https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Living in a flat with a shared kitchen?
- Do not use the kitchen outside of your allotted time, a kitchen rota will be in place
- Avoid the kitchen area if others are using it
- Chat to your flatmates via social media, or other messaging services to plan this
- Make sure you clean all surfaces and wash up dishes before leaving the shared kitchen. This is to keep everyone safe and reduce this risk of the virus spreading.
Living in a flat with a shared bathroom?
- If you share a bathroom with your flatmates, it is important that you clean every surface you have come into contact with
- Chat to your flat mates via social media or other messaging services to set up a rota
- If your Village provides a cleaning service in the shared bathrooms, please do not enter when staff are present.
- Make sure to clean all surfaces you have come into contact with.
- Make sure you and your flatmates clean areas that are classed as high touch points, such as door handles, taps, toilet flushes.
General waste and recycling
- If you are self-isolating and cannot leave your flat to remove your rubbish, please ask a flatmate, friend, or contact the Village Team for support.
- To reduce the possibility of dispersing the virus through the air, please do not share any laundry with others e.g. kitchen towels
- If you need laundry done urgently, you should ask a friend to help. To reduce the risk of spreading the virus, you should leave belongings in a tightly tied bag outside your door for your friend to collect.
Food, other supplies and medication
- Your Village Team is there to support you should you need assistance. You can contact them through the Customer Contact Village on 0161 850 6664
- An easy way to get food supplies is by shopping online or a takeaway delivery. Let the reception team know when to expect them and they will bring the delivery to your room. If you don’t want to shop online, you should ask your friends to help with your shopping or collecting prescriptions.
- You can arrange for any medication to be delivered to the Village. Please contact your doctor’s surgery or pharmacy to arrange this. Once it is delivered, a member of the team will be able to deliver this to your flat. Please remain in your room with the door closed.
- If you are experiencing difficulties in getting access to buying food and other essential supplies, include cleaning products, please contact your Village Team who may be able to offer specific local information/provide additional support.
Below are a few links to takeaway services and supermarkets that you may find useful: